Friday, November 16, 2012

In the Spirit of Thanksgiving

Dear Readers,

It feels like the school year just began, yet Thanksgiving is right around the corner!  It can be easy to get caught up the rush, the important projects, and the daily "to dos" that define our busy schedules at work. In honor of our upcoming national holiday, I am dedicating this post to a brief reflection on aspects of my job with Live It Learn It for which I am particularly thankful. 

Here are my top three:

1. My Co-workers
I am thankful for the opportunity to work with a committed, creative, and compassionate group of people.  I am appreciative of professional support this community provides every day- from
cutting and copying, to editing materials, to conversations about how to improve our programs and instruction.  This is a team endeavor! 
Live It Learn It Staff (though we are missing a few important members)

2. Our Mission 
I am thankful for the opportunity to work for an inspirational purpose-- to increase achievement and motivation for students who need it the most.

Live It Learn It students at the National Museum of the American Indian
Live It Learn It Students at the FDR Memorial

3. Our Destinations
 I am thankful for the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals representing local institutions and organizations and to benefit from the wealth of resources that this city offers each of us.




Thank you for reading and Happy Thanksgiving!

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment